I am taking part in lots of online markets over the next few weeks - here are my top tips on how to discover new makers, how to purchase from market events and how to support small and independent businesses during these testing times!
- Sign up to Facebook events and Instagram Stories countdowns to ensure you don’t forget about the event.
- If there is a hashtag associated with the event follow it on social media - this will help you see what’s available and help you discover new businesses.
During the Market
- Check out your favourite businesses to see what they have on offer - many offer special deals or extras during market nights.
- Most businesses will direct you to their own website for purchasing.
- Remember to use any special discount codes.
- Like as many social media posts as you can.
After the Market
- Support small businesses by leaving them a review of any products you’ve purchased.
- Keep liking and sharing social media posts - this helps show small business posts to a wider audience.
Thank you for shopping small and independent this Christmas!